There are many different tools in the market that ease the work of an human resource recruitment department in every company. HRIS, HCM, and HRMS systems are designed for companies to help them manage recruitment and human resource processes. This software is helpful, but let us understand the two software in detail and their differences.
HRIS is a human resource information system, whereas HRMS is a human resource management system.
The Benefits Of Using HR Software Are:
● Productivity: HR software increases productivity within the HR department. It automates a lot of HR tasks. From payroll to absence management, management can automate each task with HR software. As a result, the HR team can recruit new candidates and train existing employees.
● Reduction in errors: HR software reduces errors by using artificial intelligence. The standard processes, such as payroll information, are automated. The HR software reduces the chances of misplaced numbers and decimal points.
● Security: HR systems deploy cloud-based software. Data stored in the cloud is guarded by high encryption, making the data safe. Moreover, employees can access the data from anywhere. Hence, the HR software provides flexibility and reduces paperwork.
What Are HRMS And HRIS Software?
Human resource management (HRIS) software manages the human resources operations of a company. It is driven by data and provides information on employees and the organization. They have an employee database and a couple of tools. The HRIS monitors employees’ performance and their workflows. Based on that data, companies can see the employees’ progress and give appraisals.
Human Resources Management System (HRMS) offers the features of both HRIS and HCM. It automates payroll and gives accurate wage calculations. By having a well-functioned HRMS, companies can improve their productivity and efficiency. The leave management feature is beneficial, as companies can maintain leave records without any errors.
What Makes HRMS And HRIS Different?
Both the HRMS and HRIS have many similar functions. They both deal with personnel tracking, leave management, training, and workflows. Both are capable of automating HR tasks and standard processes. The HRMS and HRIS collect the employee data such as their names, contact number, identity details, etc. We can say that this software is the core of HR management.
The difference lies in the tools they contain. HRIS is comparatively more simple and basic. It focuses on only the essential details. The HRIS is enough for keeping accurate records. It is why smaller companies prefer HRIS.
The HRMS is broader and has higher complexity than the HRIS software. It has additional tools and features that touch upon every aspect of HR management. It is better in managing workflows and tracking employees’ performances. In addition to that, you can easily maintain the employees’ leave records. Hence, it is better than HRIS to manage a modern workforce.
We can conclude that both HRMS and HRIS are excellent software. It is up to the user, his budget, and his requirement to decide the best option for him. No doubt, the HRMS comes out as a top in this difference. But the HRIS can also provide low-cost HR solutions.
Procure HR provides end-to-end HR solutions in India and beyond at an affordable price. You can use it to upscale your business and manage your employees. The services they offer are:
- HR shared services
- HRMS software companies tools
- Top-quality HR services for small businesses
- Brand management
- Providing outsourcing services